Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thimbleberries Quilt Kits on the cheap!

 
Visiting your favourite thrift shop can be dangerous at times. That's if you manage to spy 7 out of 12 ~ Thimbleberries Month-by-Mouth Quilt Blocks!!!
HOLY COW BATMAN
Some poor quilter paid $14.95 per block and I nabbed them for $2.00 each at the thrift store.
Not the first time this has happened. I managed to get another set of blocks done by JoAnn Fabrics, but have yet to sew them together ( material was really crappy too)
If I play my cards right, I'll wiggle the cut fabric around and make the blocks that I like the most.
I'm missing Jan - Feb - Mar & April. Not fussy on some of the complete ones, so I'll rejig a few!
I know I have some really dark red in Thimbleberries fabric and can always pulled that out to help complete the quilt.
 
 


 Colours are rather "off' in this shot, but all-in-all ~ not a bad score!!! Like I need more fabric !!

Not the greatest shot of the bird feeders, but when I glanced out the upstairs window - two blue jays and several cardinals were at the feeders. My days of dashing down the stairs to get to the back mud room for a better picture are long over.....!!! So, I missed getting the other cardinals in this shot....but they were there!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment