Monday, September 10, 2012

Time zooms by........fast!!

Holy Cow ~ It's September already!!!
 Camping - boy, did I miss our family tent. You know - the one that is 8 feet tall in the middle and sleeps 8 people LOL LOL!!!! And it poured rain on my second night which was fine - sort of, I had thrown a larger tarp over the tent & fly, but the weight of it sort of collapsed the sides and I got wet!!!!
 I did a little of this on the beach of Lake Superior. Wish I had more time to do more of it. I had collected some small pieces of drift wood to put on the grave sites of my two dogs that are buried in the area. And then forgot to take my backpack with me when my girlfriend drove us around St Joseph Island. DOH!!!
 ROFLMAO ~ this is the entrance to my old house. I lived on 2 acres in cow country and was surrounded by pines. Umph ~ I use to keep the ditches totally cut. It's a single guy that owns the house now, so I guess he has different priorities LOL!!! It was a great little vacation for me!
 Wow ~ Bonnie Hunter is onto 'spools' now for her leader/ender project and I'm still cutting fabric for last years bow ties!! But look, this is exactly the look I'm going for with my bow ties! It's McCalls Quilting mag from spring of 2001. The bow ties are the exact same size, and I nearly croaked when I read just how many is needed.....YIKES!!! 810 blocks for a 82" x 91" quilt with NO larger outside borders. I think I'm nearing 50 ;-0
 Off to the thrift store and I pass these moo cows and just had to snap their picture! My total take at the store was around $6 bucks. Just had to buy this lovely vintage flat sheet ~ don't think it's been washed yet ~ woozer!!! I grew up with these sheets and they came in all sorts of colours. I actually used a lighter blue one for my son's 1st quilt. Will dig around for that picture. The large cone of 100% cotton thread was $4 and tons left to use. And of course, patterns at 50 cents each - both complete. Not sure if I'll use them ~ just another collection to dust.
And blogger won't load my other pictures, so maybe......later I'll complete my blog post. Lets not hold our breath!!! ;-P~~

No comments:

Post a Comment