Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kitting Up the UFO's

 
 
I have a knack for starting quilt projects ~ then starting another one ~ then another, and then realizing I've used the same fabric in several of them AND holy crap, I'm going to run out of that fabric and be stuck with several unfinished quilts due to my knack (aka: stupid DOH moment)
 
See this picture.....Yup!!!
I've got several quilts on the go, all using men's shirts! Plus, I'm now cutting the shirts all up into itty bitty pieces (cuz I'm rather sick of them at the moment) and putting those pieces into the scrap saving system.
 
STOP!!!!!!
 
 
OK....breath deep! Out come the UFO's, put on floor with pattern - take picture and then load on computer, put on computer screen and proceed to find, cut & bag up all the required missing pieces!!I'm going to try and do this everyday.....everyday, EVERYDAY!!!
I just read Bonnie Hunter's blog post of being on quiltcam tonight ~ I'll be there, working on this Bear Paw Quilt!! Good Luck to me - Yah!!! LOL
 

1 comment:

  1. I have had to make "kitting" up all the unused fabrics a habit. If I don't, I will use them somewhere else, too. I generally keep them kitted until the quilt is finished and bound and then I release them back into the stash. It has saved my bacon several times. Be well. Lane

    ReplyDelete