Monday, October 01, 2012

Fall Knitting & Bow Ties


 
Zig zag scarf pattern from the Better Homes and Gardens magazine called "Knit It" - dated 2002.
I try to knit or crochet new scarves for my young niece & nephew each year and this one really checked all the boxes for being cute & different. It's working up really quickly and while the pattern calls for colour changes on each zag, I opted for multi-coloured yarn through out!
 On the agenda for this evening is knitting during the half hour of Coronation Street and if Bonnie has quilt cam tonight - I'll be cutting up these 3 piles of fabric for bow ties. One pile is for the men's shirt bow tie quilt, middle pile is for the more floral/feminine bow tie quilt, and the top pile consists of 5" squares from a trade I did with a British group of ladies. They'll be cut up also into bow tie units!
Must fit in a hour or so up in the attic. Lots of odd bits & pieces of poly cotton fabric and older craft/knitting/crocheting etc books & magazines have been weeded through and boxed ready for the "Bibles for Missions" thrift shop. I try to divide my donations up between all the thrift stores in my area and we visited this shop on the weekend and with their recent move to larger quarters, they are in need of restocking - so, I can help with that! ;-)

It's the 1st day of October ~ I look forward to a very productive month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment