Friday, August 17, 2012

One Bow Tie = Four??

Hmmm, ya....that's the final count - I hope!

 1st Bow Tie is the Men's shirts using white sheet ( my obsession) and the left overs of all the shirts I've been using. OK! Size of blocks are 2 1/2" and 1 1/2".

2nd - Bonnie Hunters Bow Tie Cheddar L&E. I started off cutting the men's shirts again into the 2" & 1 1/4" size. The orange squares at the right of the picture are my cheddar ~ as close to that colour as I could find at the fabric store. Hmmm, not loving that colour.

3rd - As above...BUT...using all my fabrics - floral, birdhouses, everything including the kitchen sink. Tea Dyed Muslin for my solid colour. 2" & 1 1/4 " blocks.

4th - As above...BUT....using all the vintage bits & pieces that I have.  Not sure what the solid colour will be? I'll try one with the cheesy cheddar, one with the tea dyed muslin and I'll dig out some white on white and test that. 2" & 1 1/4" blocks.
 It was time. I bought a new cutting mat back in '09 !!! Finally decided it was time to dig it out and retire the old one. I'm having problems getting use to the lighter orange colour of the numbers...not good, not good!!!
 And a quilt top nearing it's finished quilt top look!!!! Need to measure it and decide if I want it for a single bed, double or queen. I have extra squares cut out to use in a border of some fashion....will let it sit so I can think on it!  Oh, painted one of the deck chairs BRIGHT YELLOW!!! Love it, just need the energy & time to sand and paint the 2nd one.


And what I should be working on. Our house is 70-80 yrs old and covered in as many layers of paint. We have a full size, walk up attic and I've been wanting to take that door off for years to refinish it. For some reason 'the man' of the house didn't want me to take it off, as he considered it a 'outside' door - keeping the attic and house separate - air wise. OK, but in the dead of summer it's OK to take it off for a few days - RIGHT??? Seriously, I was just making a mess trying to strip it in the up right position in a small hallway with plush RED carpet underneath...... It came off and is laying in the basement on the work horses just waiting for a new paint job. @*#@&^(&^!!!!!!


I just dug thru my old pictures but couldn't locate the snap of the original condition of the door. Right before we bought this house, the previous owners covered everything in beige paint. This door must have been the last one done after they had dropped the paint roller a couple hundred times in lint, dog hair and anything else that was gross. There wasn't a square inch on this door that was smooth and free of hair and lint. Nasty gross.....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment