Saturday, August 11, 2012

More Vintage Fabric

Opps.....I knew I had a few more pieces of vintage material ~ hiding !! Opps.....didn't realize I had this much ~ hiding !! I have a separate plastic tub that holds new reproduction fabrics that I buy on the rare occasion. The rare occasion being a $12/yd price, now marked down to $3/yd. So..?? Was I hiding all the these LOL !!
So, more fabrics to play with. Rainy, overcast day here & the sun popped out during this picture.
 9" x 17.5' are the measurements of these fabrics below ~ a common cut (actually 'rip') even back then. The pink on the left has "Copyright #1342" in the selvage, so not sure of the vintage date for it - I like it, it's going into the quilt!! LOL (the other selvage was cut off, so no proper width size for it)
 Wasn't sure about the look, but with just a few pieces cut & laying out hap-hazard, I'm smiling.
So.....more sorting & washing. More line drying aka hanging around the house! More ironing! More smiling ~ tis a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. I love both the vintage fabrics and the vintage repros. I do have quilts planned in 1930's prints and in civil war repros and I've recently been gifted a stack of feedsacks that I want to make into a quilt. Ahhh, to have so many plans that one doesn't know where to start. Enjoy and it sounds like you are. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lane! I'll be CHOPPING into the larger pieces of vintage fabric when I'm back from camping. Let me know what size squares/chunks you want & they're yours. Just because !!!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete