Monday, February 06, 2012

Lady of the Lake ~ cutting fabric

My e-bay purchases arrived last week and then I promptly misplaced the rulers LOL ! Today was a beautiful day outside and very unusual for this time of year for us. I went outside with my tub of cut triangles for the LOTL quilt and counted up what I've done so far. The warm sun & fresh air was good for my troubled soul.  I've decided the blocks will all be scrappy as I have so many bits & pieces of blue to use up. And I love bits & pieces and scrappy!!

My sister and family were welcomed visitors during the weekend and it's always heart-warming when you see the kids snuggled under your scrappy quilts. My sister has instilled in her kids the true meaning of homemade and they openly embrace the concept of love, heart & soul that people put into their creations. My niece was thrilled with the new doll clothes she received, while I was a bit funky about the outfits being not perfect. Again....lesson learnt. It's not the perfect stitches that made the garments wonderful - it's the smile after smile you receive as they model each new diaper, bootees or bonnet and oohhh and ahhh at them!!!

I laugh as I look at this quilt. One of my first tied log cabins and about 2/3's of the fabric came from bed sheets. I was crocheting & braiding tons of rugs at the time and was buying sheets in bulk. So it seemed natural for me to test out a quilt block with the fabric at hand...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment